Medical Device Industry Drivers for PLM
Complexity of Product Development
- Control inter-disciplinary product development with a unified source of all product information
- Connect and relate requirements, design inputs, and design outputs for mechanical, electrical, and software components as structured data and relationships, rather than as a hierarchy of static electronic documents
- Expanded utilization of digital models and simulations of both products & manufacturing processes
- Low risk, efficient change processes that ensures control and traceability, and optimized performance
- Streamlined user interface & electronic workflows for increased efficiency of regulatory compliance processes
- Harmonized processes resulting in consistent, re-usable, and productive compliance activity
- Single integrated system for Quality Mgmt, Environmental compliance, and Product Development Process execution
- Linkages between traditional product information and compliance processes & data
Globalization of R&D, Manufacturing Operations, and Markets
- Globally accessible repositories and workflows for inter-disciplinary product development
- Optimized use of global resources in both product development & production
- Ability to manage multiple configurations of eBOMs, mBOMs, and BOPs to accommodate global product and manufacturing plant variation
- Efficient and repeatable design transfer processes, managed with change control
Product lifecycle management (PLM) can bring together all the product information and processes you need in a single, secure system. But how can you prevent the complexity of the product lifecycle itself from overwhelming your users – or your IT department?
Teamcenter® from Siemens PLM Software is the world’s most widely implemented product data management (PDM) solution. Teamcenter simplifies PLM by taking the guesswork out of the deployment process. We deliver a flexible portfolio of focused applications organized to allow you to strategically grow your PLM maturity in a way that makes sense for you.
Start with PLM. For most of our customers, the first step on the PLM path is to take control of your product data and processes. Manage and share mechanical, electronics, software and simulation data, as well as documents and bills of materials (BOMs) in a single environment. Use standardized workflows and change processes to streamline your organization.
Extend the value. Next, take a look at related domains and processes. Manage requirements. Include suppliers. Connect engineering with manufacturing and service. Extend the value of PLM across the product lifecycle
Transform your business. PLM can help you take your business to the next level. Apply transformational solutions to your product lifecycle for a profound business impact. Drive your product cost, quality and sustainability initiatives. Establish a systems-driven approach to product development.
Build on a solid PLM platform. A common platform supports every Teamcenter application. Among the many platform capabilities, Teamcenter features leading-edge deployment options to get your implementation up and running quickly with the most advanced and intuitive PLM user experience available.